Bookmakers asking for proof of income

winbet

Years ago, a request for proof of incomes, was a tool used to target sharp gamblers. Unfortunately today after a certain threshold is reached it is a bookmakers obligation to investigate the source of funds. The trend is not looking good. For example bet victor will run third party affordability checks as soon as you register and if you fail these they will simply return your deposit and close your account.

Whilst you can use winnings from other betting companies as a legitimate source and proof of income, some bookmakers will close your account immediately as they may well reason you are gambling beyond your means. Notice that claiming to be a professional gambler, an arber or a trader might lead to a request for correlating bets. It can become pretty messy.

However some betting companies use this as an excuse to demand bank statements for the last 6 months and then they will question transactions where money has been sent from one individual to another. Furthermore they will then ask for 6 months worth of statements from the person that sent money to that particular account.

My advice would be to use cash deposits into bank accounts at the beginning and then hopefully you can withdraw winnings back to the account. In this case you will have a legitimate proof of income.

In the uk I would suggest you never deposit more than 2k into any account. If you do want to deposit more I would suggest you wait at least 1 month before doing so. This should in theory minimize the risk of a proof of income request.