Account 'Compromised' William Hill

Novibet

Hi all.

New to the forum. Had a quick look around and seemed one of the most lively.

Tried searching the discussions for my query so apologies if it's already around.

I've been a member of William Hill for a few years and only bet on football games. I have a bet most nights or every other night on average. Small stakes the norm. Anyway, last Saturday (14th March 2015) night I had done my bets for Sunday's football games (4 various bets) and had £30 remaining in my account. I went to do another small bet on Sunday morning and I couldn't log in and was told to contact Customer Services.

I spoke to Livechat and was told my account had been suspended until further notice. I didn't get told why so phoned in and was informed that their notes said I was suspended as it looked like my account had been 'compromised' and it had been sent to the 'Cyber' Department for an investigation. The gentleman thought that their was numerous log-ins from different IP addresses but said they had no more information but someone should phone me back that day.

Well 8/9 days later and I'm none the wiser. I have had many discussions via livechat or by phoning in for an update but I've had the phone cut dead on me while someone tried to 'find out' for me, I've been told I am not allowed to speak direct to the 'Cyber' department and they are not allowed to give me a Managers name to speak to. I have been told by one lady that she would just nip to Security to get my account back up and running and would phone me back in 10 minutes. Neither ever happened.

The best answer I had was last Thursday by a man who said that it was likely my original account would be closed and I would have another account set up once the investigation was over and any monies would be transferred to my new account but he couldn't give me a timescale as he also wasn't able to speak to the Cyber people. One of the 4 bets that I had on the go the previous sunday came in so I should have £80 on my account but I have not been able to see the evidence due to the account being locked.

Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas of what to do next. How long should such an investigation take? Is it right I am not allowed to speak to a manager or relevant department?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

MrPlay

Seems very strange that they would decide your account had been compromised from logins only. Unless money had been suspiciously moved around and bet from these different IP addresses then maybe they would have done something.

How did you log on to your William Hill account? Did you use the same connection or did you log on via mobile in different locations??? Logging in from mobile may account for the multiple IP addresses within a short space of time.

Also sounds odd they would open a new account - surely a standard password + security question change would be the correct procedure as even if they did close your old account and open a new one, this could compromise you further under multi accounting terms. They would still keep old records for that reason.

A few other questions - which may help me diagnose / give advice on this situation.

Are you in the UK? If so where abouts?

Have you travelled and logged in from abroad?

What were your bets (I.e what matches / markets and stakes)?? I'm asking this as they could be fobbing you off while they investigate suspect games, regardless of whether you are involved or not.

Do you ever use a VPN?

Is your account verified?

I've never heard of a case like this before, and usually when a bookie cites a security issue, that's all the information they give. If you answer my questions I can give you some advice on what to do / give my opinion on what I would do if it was me in your situation. Keep us updated!