Betfair/Paddy Self Exclusion

musk

Hi guys,

I’m new to this site and I’ve just created a new account to ask for your advice on an issue I’ve been having. I’ve researched the same problem elsewhere and I’ve seen that the individuals have been successful in their appeal.

Basically, Paddy Power and Betfair have merged together and if you self exclude due to a “gambling problem”, you cannot make a new account on the other site. Long story short, I have been able to make a new account (unaware of the merger) and have lost a few hundred £.
duh.gif

Upon discovering that the companies merged, I submitted a complaint describing the above and how it should have been prevented. However, on both accounts I have a separate address (as I moved house recently) and a different email address.

Betfair are refusing to accept responsibility and reimburse me as “Your Betfair account credentials were different upon registration and so were not identified and matched. I appreciate you may have moved to a new house and updated your email address but without that new information stored on file we are unable to detect on information we don’t have.

We do include in our terms and conditions a requirement for customers to update us when their personal details change and this is one of the principal reasons why.”

I do understand what they are saying but my new address is within less than a 1 mile radius and I have an extremely uncommon surname so I believe my new account details could have been easily detected. I have also threatened to send communications to the Gambling Licensing Authority as they have breached their license by allowing a self excluded gambler to continue gambling.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do next if they continue to refuse to reimburse me?

dafa

Why did you do this in the first place? What will prevent you from doing it in the future? Com on mate...you are looking for a free roll.