Betway Funds Confiscated

MrPlay

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Betway offering a chance to win prizes through there golden egg promotion.
I followed the link and won 10 free spins on a slot game.

Through this I won 92p so decided to place this on a football acca.
That bet won and I kept rolling over bets and eventually got my balance up to £83.

I then decided to withdraw £73 of my winnings but couldn't as I had no yet made a deposit, so deposited the £10 required.
I made the mistake of depositing this using my wife's debit card from our joint bank account.

After my deposit I recevied an email telling me my account was officially verified and my withdrawal was pending.
However the following day I received another email informing me that my card had been blocked as it was not in my own name, which is fair enough, but when I logged into my account the £20 I had left in my account was now 0 and my withdrawal canceled and not returned to my account.

I contacted customer support through live chat and the operator explained that all my previous bets had been made void and winnings confiscated as they were aquired from a deposit that should not have been allowed.

I explained that I had not placed any bets using this deposit and that winnings were aquired from the money won through there promotion. Eventually the operator agreed that my case should be escalated to there accounts department.

I waited a few days with no reply from them. So contacted them again via live chat, again I was told the same thing and told my case would again be escalated to there accounts department.

After several emails I am still getting nowhere with this as they once again have escalated this to there accounts department saying that they will need time to investigate this given the information I have given them.

I can understand them cancelling my deposit and withdrawal but surely it is wrong of them to confiscate winnings aquired before making this deposit?

Novibet

I'm afraid that making a deposit with a card in your wife's name was a big mistake as it gives a bookmaker a perfect excuse to wriggle out of paying you. For future reference I wouldn't touch Betway with a barge pole - do a search for them using the forum's search tool and you'll see exactly what I mean.