Build your own sports betting arbitrage software

PART 1

Hello fellow arbusers! This is my first post.

There is a bookmaker in my country that offers daily one match (mostly on football matches, once or twice per week on basketball matches) with 0% rake in the moneyline market. I wouldn't want to go against any rules of the forum so i won't mention the bookmaker's name in public.

I have been consistently able to exploit this offer in order to arb (almost always on basketball matches where there are 2 possible outcomes, instead of 3). I have been using oddsportal in order to compare the odds to other bookmakers. Most of the time, i use pinnacle for the bet on the opposing market.

This has been working out quite well. The problem is that it requires monitoring the market on your own. I have ruled out using oddsportal's odds alert system, because usually crappy russian/ turkish bookmakers tend to show up in the results, thus making the alert sytem kind of useless to me.

Recently, i came across pinnacle's app, which has a built-in odds alert system. You set the odds that the opposing market would have to reach and as soon as that happens, you receive a notification on your smartphone. This has helped me to be more efficient (time-consuming wise).

PART 2

I am content with the way this strategy has been performing but i was wondering if there was a way to develop a simple software, to make things more efficient.

The software would have to work like this:
1. Visit the webpage of the aforementioned bookmaker and spot matches with 0% rake in the moneyline market (one match offered per day)
2. Compare the odds of the first bookmaker to those of other selected bookmakers (mainly pinny, probably sports exchanges to lay the first bet).
3. Estimate if an arbitrage opportunity comes up
4. Notify me (via email/ on-screen) as soon as an arbitrage opportunity occurs.

This is the brief idea. Do you have any suggestions? What would i have to search in order to get me started? I have to mention that i do not have any programming skills (this is an obvious setback). Should i consider hiring a freelancer to develop the software?

All in all, what's your thoughts? Would you consider this something worthwhile? Kindly bear in mind that my "strategy" is already profitable and i am content with that. The first part of my post could be used as a guide to manually finding your arbs. Cheers!

fox

Hello,

you can go to the freelancer website and ask for a programmer to do the heavy programming for you.There are many Indian companies in this website which have many and cheap programmers to help you with.The only thing that i don't know is about the copywrite thing.You can check it and see.

DanHaines

Your approach to exploiting the 0% rake offer sounds smart, and it's great to hear that it has been working well for you. Creating a software to enhance efficiency is an interesting idea. To get started, you might want to explore resources on web scraping and automation tools like Python, which can help you with the tasks you mentioned.
Since you don't have programming skills, considering hiring a freelancer could be a viable option. They can help bring your software concept to life and ensure it functions smoothly.
Also, if you're ever looking to streamline other processes, like scheduling business meetings, check out calendly integration with google calendar. It touches on integrating tools like Calendly with Google Calendar to simplify scheduling.

Last edited: