Concerned About Betway Racing Sponsorship/Publicity

MrPlay

As a horse racing fan I am deeply concerned about the recent appearance of Betway as a major sponsor of UK horse racing, including at the flagship Cheltenham festival. Betway now advertises daily in the Racing Post and their odds are included in the "Pricewise" feature for big races.

My personal experience of this bookie was 8 years ago, and would come under the "satisfactory" label - I had no problems myself, and when I heard of other people experiencing problems I was lucky to have no money in there at the time and I simply stayed away. I am aware that there have been some horrific stories of balance confiscations and accusations of breaking unusual and restrictive T&Cs in the past.

I have had Betway red listed on my own website since I started it in 2009. I'd like to know if people think that is justified, and if I would be justified in writing to the Racing Post and informing them of the past record of this bookmaker.

Has Betway changed? Do people have good experiences of using them or are they still rogues trying to look like something else?

Novibet

I've never had an account with Betway for the reasons you've outlined above - in short I have zero confidence in them. That was the case half a dozen years ago and it's still the case today. They may have cleaned up their act - I don't know - but a recent thread on here suggests to me that their customer service and responsible gambling policy still leave a great deal to be desired (they are also, as I'm sure you know, still on the BMR Red List). Unfortunately it appears that others in the sport of horse racing are either unaware of our reservations about Betway or else simply do not share them.