Cricket betting and experiance on Stake.com (feels unfair, you decide)

nascarodds

I had a bet on Stake.com on the match "Chattogram Challengers vs Comilla Victorians" and my bet was for over 141.5 runs for the team batting first (Chattogram Challengers). After about 11 overs, it started raining and the match was reduced to 18 overs(which would have been 20 overs normally). My team managed to get 138 runs in those allotted 18 overs. Since, they had already played 11 overs before the revised/reduced overs, the projected target for those 18 overs for the opponents was 143 runs. Meaning, If the team batting first had known from the start that the overs were reduced to 18,They would have scored at least 143 runs(according to Duckworth-Lewis method). Hence, the new target set for the opponents to chase was 144.
下载.jpg
Now, What do you think should happen to my Bet? I personally think it should be a win, since the revised target suggests that my team scored 143 runs and hence, the opponents are made to chase 144 to win the match. However, Stake has considered it as a loss? They say that, "since my team scored only 138 and the bet is over 141.5 runs, it is a loss". Which to me, sounds very unfair. Worst case scenario, I think should be the bet voided but I'm talking about the worst case scenario.

Would like cricket bettors to discuss what do you think should be appropriate outcome and if you think what Stake has done is fair.

Thanks for reading.

TLDR: First batting team had to deal with rain and reduced overs mid game and they managed to score 138. However due to duckworth-lewis method, the target for the opponents was set for 144 runs to win. My bet is for my team to score over 141 runs. Which has been considered as a loss. Now, how come a team is chasing 144 runs, if my team hasn't scored those runs? I argue that they did score those runs according to cricket, while the stake support disagrees and considered my bet as a loss.

fidelbet

Well, you did bet with their terms and conditions so you will have to accept the outcome of it.

I do feel you from the perspective of a bettor though, but these scenarios would have been already priced into the bet odds so therefore it is pretty fair for them to enforce the rules.

There is not much point in complaining given that I don't think they set their own odds (Probably use some external odds provider).