Handling Stake Limits

princebet

Goodafternoon fellow Arbers,

Imagine this: you have been scanning all your favorite bookmakers the entire day and finally see a nice, juicy, surebet consisting of two legs you would like to exploit. You log into your account and start placing bets. Your first bet is in (say EUR 60) and all you have to do is to place the second.... only problem is however; although the first bet is placed, the second leg can't be wagered in full (e.g. you can only wager 25 instead of 40). So you end up with something you as a pure arber simply hate - risk.

The problem is, this has happened to me quite a lot of times. My first response is to scan the rest of my bookmakers for some comparable odds on the wager, to complete my stake. Granted, it diminishes my arbitrage, but at least I haven't got any risk left. This is provided that I actually find some comparable odds somewhere.

My question is - how do you deal with this? Is there some clever way in which you can "probe" what your maximum wager is so that you know how much you can bet on both sided without facing unwanted risk? The problem is that if you press "place bet", it is placed instantaneously. Perhaps I am simply using the wrong bookies... (in above example it concerned marathonbet and myBet).

Any advice is welcome!

vbet

Always confirm limits of all legs in a line before actually placing bets. Marathon tells you the limits before placing. Don't know about mybet as I have never used it. However in this case if marathon limits are fine, I would first try placing the mybet sides. That way you're sure..