Pokerstars and Sky

vivarobetam

So I put up a post last month regarding this group. They operate on separate licences. I blocked myself for life from Sky a couple of years ago.

Anyway, did the usual thing, checked the UKGC logo etc and Stars was standalone. Opened an account lost about 480 quid over 2 days. I go to deposit again and I get an 'alert' to say my account has been restricted pending an investigation into a possible previous self exclusion. A day later, I get emailed by them to say because I had an existing exclusion on Sky Vegas that I would be excluded on Pokerstars. Fair enough...but now Pokerstars are not returning the deposits for that 48 hour period suggesting that all betting activity was valid. In terms of general SE policy this is not the case and bets should be voided and returned to the player.

I will pursue this one with the UKGC, but has anyone had a similar experience here? They are not on the same licence so this may be an issue but for me its ethically very poor practice.

IIRC, it's not long time ago discussed here that obligation is to check self-exclusions on license level (think it was thread about Kindred where 32Red still is operating under other license than like Unibet) but can make also decision to exclude players at anytime if they see there is self-exclusion in other license but are not obligated to do it.

For regulation point of view, don't believe anything wrong happened there, but fully agree that it's not really good practise, especially if you are not in process to add both in same license shortly and it's just temporary thing.

If they don't make automatic gross checks, then they could let you play there even realize self-exclusion or do what happened now, exclude account when seeing one.