Requested Permanent Self Exclusion - but still allowed to bet - Betfair

musk

Requested permanent Self-Exclusion

2 years ago I requested permanent self-exclusion accompanied with a wish to receive no further emails from betfair. I was addicted to gambling.

I did the same with all my betting accounts.

Recently I stupidly relapsed and managed to effortlessly re-open my betfair account using the same details.

My addiction returned and I subsequently found my gambling out of control.

I am now seeking help for this and again having excluded myself from gambling sites and signed up to Gamstop.

I understand this entirely my fault but my question is whether Betfair should held responsible to allow me to continue betting?

I have contacted them using Resolve, they have admitted receiving my request to permanently exclude me –
In this e-mail, you had requested to close the account permanently, on receipt of your e-mail we replied requesting what type of closure you would like applied. As we offer different types of closures, standard closure, time-outs and self-exclusions.

I did not open the initial email as I no longer wished to have anything to do with a betting company.

Do I have a case for the return of my deposits ?

Any form of advice would be dearly appreciated

Many thanks

dafa

Sounds like you are taking a shot and lost . Hoping that they pay you back after taking a free roll. Not the first time we see this. Good luck buddy. Your free roll lost