Today’s World Cup Pick: Netherlands vs USA

Today’s World Cup Pick: Netherlands vs USA

Netherlands vs USA O 2.5 goals (1.90) & USA win(4.33)

This is the first knock-out stage game for 2022 Qatar World Cup. Netherlands — slightly older and taller — will be encountering the young and dynamic US national team.

Netherlands came to this stage by winning the 1st place in group A with a firm 2 victories and 1 draw. But in my opinion, they are overrated. They did win, but if you saw all the matches, Louis van Gaal’s Netherlands seem a bit awkward. Gakpo and Depay are good attackers and defense with Van Dijk is superb, but the midfield, the link between attack and defense, was somewhat missing for some time. De Jong was great, but his partners were awful, and the opponent midfielders easily intercepted the ball.

USA on the other hand, was great in the groups in comparison to the expectations before World Cup. Their play was solid, and they made a draw against England, one of the most powerful team in World Cup. Even if they didn’t beat Wales, the draw against England was so precious for them to advance to the Knock-out stage. Their performance is flawless, while we expect some ups and downs for them being a young and inexperienced team. One Problem for US is that they do not have a classy striker for scoring. But the Young US team can certainly write a Cinderella story for this World Cup.

It’s hard to easily predict this match’s winner. Netherlands is the favorite in every bookmaker, but I do believe here the longshot is a more profitable option. Also, Netherlands has always scored 2 goals in group stage, and USA will have a chance to score due to their potential. so I think O 2.5 goals for Netherlands is reasonable.

Attached: my betslip for the day

Attachments

• Untitled (5).png
    Untitled (5).png
    66.6 KB · Views: 0