Arbing Opportunities on Mobile

bet265

Hi ,

I've been arb betting manually for a number of years, and have tried some of the arb alert services.

It really does seem like the traditional existing services aren't innovating enough. After all, it's tough for them because they all use the same data providers so it's hard to really create a differentiation.

Traditional arbing has now become more challenging. Even if you discovered an arb of say 2% you'll need to be willing to have a really big bankroll to make it worthwhile.

After reading through the forum threads, I thought it's worth to share something I have discovered that could be worth your while in researching too.

There's a relatively new concept that began in November 2019 and I discovered it in a matched betting forum. The thread goes on to explain how matched bettors are also frustrated with the lack of value bookmakers offer with regards to free bets/promotions and now the best thing to do is get into arbing once the sign-up offers are completed.

The concept is exactly the same as Arbing, but the unique angle with this is - you take the price at the bookmaker before it falls.

Essentially, some bookmakers tend to be quite slow in reflecting their prices across the market (that's what I've gathered). So you shoot the price before it's about to fall. Once you receive the alert you have anywhere between 1-15 mins to place your back bet.

You then lay the event in Betfair exchange. Your profit is obviously the price difference. So for example, let's say a horse is currently odds of 5.0 and the alert service informs you that the price is going to fall down to 4.0. If you see the same horse on the same bookie at the same price (5.0) place your back bet.

Then, just wait a few minutes just before the event begins, as the lay price falls then place your lay bet. Let's say we place a £20 stake at 5.0 and we see lay at 4.0 (anything below 5.0 qualifies for an arb) we'd make £4.05 profit (based on 5% lay commission, which you can get down to 2% using Betfair's latest reward program).

That's an ROI of 20.25%

I'm not going to promote the service with a direct, as I don't want to have my post removed - but you can go ahead and research for Arb Shooters or find them on Facebook?

From my experience, it will only work if you can be registered with the following bookmakers in your country:

Bet365 (massively valuable)
SkyBet
Paddy Power
Ladbrokes

You don't need all of them, but if you did have access to all then obviously you'll be able to take advantage of more arb alert opportunities.

The following exchange must be available to you
Betfair exchange. It has the most liquidity in the market. Plus Betfair's reward program allows your lay commission to drop down from 5% to only 2%.

Optional exchanges to use for Arb Shooting:
Smarkets
Betdaq

Unfortunately, matchbook's exchange wouldn't be suitable as there's hardly ever any liquidity for the markets where the Arb alerts are mentions. Which is a shame as matchbook are a great exchange and tend to charge much less lay commission more often.

As you know, when you place bets with these bookies you'll also qualify for their existing promotions. For example, SkyBet's weekly free bet club, where you bet £25 and receive £5 free bet each week. When you match off the free bet (using any free matched betting calculator) you'll grab an extra £3.00 profit each week too! Small profits still add it :)

This new method of Arb Shooting seems to be quite new and certainly more innovative than regular Arb alert services I find. This, I feel gives us arbers a massive advantage again (finally!). I'm finding the range in Arb value (ROI) is anywhere between 10-25%.

Potential downsides
1. I guess if too many people find out about it, it could lead to bookmakers picking up on the volume of trade happening on a certain event/market and decide to remedy the inefficiency.

2. You have to be quick. The arb alerts occur pretty much in real-time, so you need to be quick. I suggest downloading the bookmaker apps for speed.

That's all there is to it at the moment, I'm sure there will be more development improvements as one member has already created a one-page scraping tool using the bookie and exchange APIs. Not sure if it's rolled out for everyone, I still don't have the tool myself :cry:

Has anyone else discovered this new approach to Arb Shooting? If anyone knows what's involved with price predicting tools, I'd love to hear from you. Cheers.

bestbetting

Arbing on horses is the fastest way to get limited.
I found the FB group you mentioned and found out it has 6 (six) members. I don't trust FB groups as many scams always hide there but let's suppose this is not the case.
Could you explain how can you predict the odds going down, or is it just a magic formula?
I remember something similar some time ago when an Albanian was trying to move the lines with other people's money, just to create an arb for himself. This is a tactic that many so-called tipsters use.