arbing retirement

after 12 years at one of the best jobs in the world I am retiring (not by choice) from arbing,

there is an old burt baccarach/dusty springfield song I can't get out of my head, it's "I don't know what to do with myself"
arbing has been a massive part of my life.

is there life after arbing? of course but arbing is solitairy and when you finish a big adjustment is likely to be needed?,
sure you guys are making money and not retiring but i say mentally prepare for that day as it will come

not looking for sympathy, it's been a rollercoaster ride and maybe not healthy to ride the rollercoaster for too long,
I just wonder what comes next?

bet24

I really enjoy those articles and readings!

I have personally been value betting for around 8 years and then arbed for 2 years, where arbing have been the last 2 years.
The psychology aspect is a huge important factor and makes me enjoy arbing more than value betting. I simply cannot take the down periods as good as I would like to anymore. However, ofcourse it is different from person to person and the style. I have always had a style with quality over quantity making me more exposed to variance as I have fewer games pr month than most others. I do think though, that the psychology aspect is often missed in the discussion valuebetting vs arbing, giving another + for arbitrage.

Regards retirement, I have always said to my closed ones that I look forward to complety stop arbing/value betting one day. However, it is difficult and cannot see when it is gonna happen and for now, I cannot miss the income it generates.