Arbitrage between Pinnacle and Exchanges

Bookies

Hello everyone,

Really happy to enter the arb community, this is my very first post even if I have been reading this forum for a long time as a guest.

Today, I enventually finalised a programme which is to place arbs between Pinnacle and Matchbook. (Only soccer ATM)

Surprisingly, it seems that there is no arb opportunities...

I should precise that I am focusing on live events.

Am I missing something ? Too efficient markets ? Am I too naive ? Too Much people have already though offre that ans are already running the same kind of bots ?

If this is a dead end to find arbs, where should I look at ? I mean, which sharp bookie or exchange ?

Thanks for your time,
Hope I will soon be able help in return

foxbet

First of all...this won't ever work because Matchbook bases it's odds on Pinnacle. If you consistently take advantage of odds where they were just sliiightly behind Pinnacle to change their odds, they will simply ban your account after a while. Matchbook is no true exchange in that sense, 99+% of their odds are placed there by their own odds makers and, while they will allow you to bet there if you win, you will not be able to screw their oddsmakers long term by doing what you plan to do.

On top of that, it's extremely difficult to program a bot to take advantage of arbs between sharps and exchanges. The arbs are there for milliseconds only and it may seem simple, but there are a lot of difficulties involved that don't occur to you at first sight.