Developing a tool to scan odds from various sites

Hi everyone, I'm trying to branch out a little, as my skill set reflects my income.

What I'm considering doing is attempting to develop a tool, much like oddschecker or oddsportal, to scan and compare odds in realtime for all the books available to me. Probably ridiculously ambitious, but i figure a project that is very difficult is as good a way to try develop a new coding skill as any other way to develop that skill. I'm guessing Python might be my go to here? Any advice appreciated, including 'quit'. but for some reason I'm still struggling to absorb that message :)

Thanks guys

betbanks

You have to ask yourself this - are you ready to work long hours for about 1 year without getting paid anything. Because it will probably take you about 1 year to build decent alert service/odds comparison software. That's exactly how much time it took me to build my own custom alert service (well to be fair my project also included automated betting, so that also took some time). The commitment and cost is pretty big. You might think that there is no cost for you because you are the programmer and don't have to pay anyone but you have to think about opportunity cost. Say instead of working on my project full time I worked somewhere as programmer, making about $2000-$3000 per month. So the real cost for me was about $24000-$36000 to build it. Do you still want to build it now? If the answer is yes the go for it :)