Gambling Disorder?

dafabet

I was going through my feed when I saw this article :
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...rtbroken-parents-say-hull-teacher-6755181.amp

According to the article the parents of the 24 Year old teacher blamed inadequate Gambling treatment and medicines available right now, also improper assesment of Gambling disorder. Their son became an addict by using fixed odds at the age of 16-17 and ultimately his addiction spiralled out of control.

This made me go further in the article to find more about Gambling disorder, according to the current education, it's categorized under impulsive disorder, in the US they are actually treated with medicine like : Mood stabilizers, Opioids, antidepressants and antipsychotic pills.

Is your country doing enough to inform people about the disorder? It's does require medical treatment first and foremost therefore I do think I would suggest anyone banning their accounts and asking help from social platforms to go to a certified therapist. It's not a joke and should not be taken lightly.

Do you think the laws needs improvement?
Do you think as the parents mentioned that Gambling industry has a *predatory* stance, is true?

Last edited by a moderator:

musk

We have seen many people bad experiences about gambling that have shown how parents should take gambling, we can not all the time be relying on government intervention. Many governments are benefiting from gambling and gambling is not regulated as it ought to be. The best we can do is to focus on our children which is the most important.

The first step is to let children know about gambling when they are growing, how it has devastated some life's and how some people killed themselves after they have lost everything and the losses led them to have negative thoughts like taking their own life. I was so said the day I read a new of someone that killed himself after many losses, surely he was a gambling addicted.

I read on news in my country about a person that his father sold his land to send him abroad, he worked abroad and make some money before coming back home. He got back home and start a cloth business before a friend visited him one day and they talked about gambling, he started to gamble from there. When he lost so much in gambling, his business fold up and he got nothing to do. He later started to steal cars with some bad other people that he turned to. He told his story where gambling led him to when he was arrested and now in prison.

I have read many real life bad stories about many gambling addicts. Parents needs to focus on there children. It is not bad to have started letting your children know the bad side of gambling and with real life events that have led some people to nothing than losses. Letting them know how addiction is, how to know when someone is addicted and how gambling can get them to no where than nothing. Telling them there are more than 99% chances to lose and got depression and less than 1% chance to win. That gambling is not a business, it is not a way to make money, that thinking of gambling like that will result to bad experience for them.

Spouce and parents should keep watch on their spouce and children, there are few signs you can know your child is a gambling addict, like pressing phone all the time, mood swings when pressing phone and some others. You have to keep on advising them. This will benefit your children than nothing that government will offer them. The government do not care because it is not there child but yours, only what the government most care about is the tax they are generating from gambling industries.

Last edited by a moderator: