Hello

khelo24

Just want to say Hi and introduce myself. I'm Dejected, but you can call me Dej :)

Why Dejected you ask? I have spent the last 3 years as an active member of a private betting forum. Only 200 members, with about 30 posting regularly. I've become a little disheartened with it recently. Hence my name here.

That forum was made up of old school horse racing tipsters, mainly amature, a few pros with their own paid tipster websites. Although as a group they are good at what they do, finding horses at value prices, they are stuck in their ways and not prepared to move with the times. I sort of became a member by accident looking for pricewise tips on a Friday night. (UK horse racing betters will understand that) Studying form for hours is not really my thing. I'm pretty lazy and prefer to do things the easy way.

As I'm sure you all know, betting horses at value prices does not work very well with the current market conditions. If you are any good you get hit by softbook restrictions pretty quick, and base books don't do horses :) . Instead of changing how they operate, they constantly blame the bookies. I tried to explain to them that its not the bookies fault. If softbooks don't restrict they get taken to the cleaners by you guys, but they would not have it. All I ever got back was bookies are the scurge of the earth. Personally I like bookies, they give me free money :)

I'm a pretty argumentative soul as you will find out as you get to know me. I find the best way to learn is to question (argue) someones position /methods and see how well they can defend it. That does not go down too well with old school guys. This is my tip, like it or lump it! The arguments were getting more personal as I questioned more and more their methods. Time had come for a change of scene.

A bit more about me. I'm a software engineer by trade. But now live in the sun and make a living (a VERY modest one) from the odd website and gambling. I like writing my own tools, api's, scrapers, betting simulators, arb finders :)

I do run a small horse racing paid tipping site, only about 15 members. It is not form based, I make the selections based on the betfair market the day before the race. The bets are designed in such a way as they don't look like arbs although they are very much based on the price being wrong. Only small stakes but you would be shocked if I told you the ROI. Been doing it for 3 years and its still working! Obviously It does need a softbook account to operate, and at the moment I still have quite a few :) As I do the bets myself I want to keep the site under the radar for now and won't be mentioning it any more on here.

Reading a few posts I think I have found my spiritual home. You guys seem to have a similar attitude to me. If someone gets upset when you question there methods, there is probably something wrong with their methods!

That's about it. Bit long for a first post! Any questions?

Hope we are going to have some fun together!