Sportsbet.com.au in probelms for unwanted gambling advertising

nascarodds

Sportsbet.com.au to pay $3.7m in fines and penalties for sending 150,000 unwanted gambling advertising and gambling as well. Apparently sportsbet would have to pay fines since they were sending those messages to people who were trying to unsubscribe to them. At the same time they are not only gonna pay the biggest fine according to Australian spam laws they are also going to pay to individual customers.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-sending-150000-unwanted-gambling-ad-messages
Financial counsellors are also implying that they should put a whole ban on the gambling advertising. The company also was contacted by acma but they apparently continued to do it.
What do you think ?
I think it's really irresponsible thing to do.
Important Information
(Thread for sportsbet.com.au not sportsbet.io )
{I do understand the fact that there are many gambling sites usually that we see upfront using the same name sometimes therefore extremely sorry for the confusion that might have been caused. }

Last edited by a moderator:

fidelbet

if this is true, then It is an extremely irresponsible thing to do. they are professionals(at least I'd like to think so) and have been running their gambling site for a while now and they should know that sending advertisement emails to people who tried to unsubscribe to them can/will have consequences. I have nothing against sportsbet but I am glad they are going to be held accountable. I hope they'll take this incident as a lesson and be better next time.

anyway, you should fix the link. the link redirects me to an image instead of the article.